Review: Letters in the Rain

Letters in the Rain Letters in the Rain by Anubhav Shrivastava
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Aman Malhotra is a studious nerd who is social misfit. His parents are from North and South India. His only friend is his diary where he pours his thoughts. He lives in defence colony of Delhi and study in DPS RK Puram. He is taking coaching for IIT in FIITJEE. He scores 98.7% in boards but couldn’t crack
IIT, he crack ENAT Manipal and goes there. He meets Kiara Mehta there. She is a hazel eyed girl who needs only good food and good music to be happy. Her happy exterior conceals a dark past. They go the Agumbe “Cherapunji of South” where Malgudi days was shot. Aman feels that Kiara has romantic feelings for him. Kiara choose Girish as her boyfriend and angry argument takes place between them. What happens next is the story?


The story is fast paced and kept me hooked. The language is very good. One example is the letter he wrote to Kiara:

“I am in a state of shock because of the incident that unravelled between us this evening. I might have used wrong words for conveying my absolute dismay at your actions but I firmly hold my opinions.”


The book is a good read and highly recommended. This is a college romance and will appeal to teenagers more but adults can also enjoy. 4/ 5 stars.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat