The Zoya Factor by Anuja Chauhan


I wanted to post it on Anuja Chauhan FB page but that option is not there. So i am pasting it heare. Hope she reads it.

I just finished your “The Zoya Factor”. I liked it immensely. In goodreads I saw some of reviewers has categorized it chic lit but I will prefer to call it BINDASS LIT. Your English is good but unpretentious unlike Vikram Seth and Arundhati Roy. And Hindi and hinglish in between makes it very Indian and you doesn’t look like a Nora Roberts, Patricia Cornwell wannabe. It is surely an original product. But I felt that you are very soft on Nikhil and very hard on Zoya. It would not have hurt if she is shown somewhat more intelligent mentally and emotionally. But contrast is good in romance. The subtle (or not so subtle) satire on Indian cricket management, establishment, commentators etc. is honest. It also gave a slight peek to the working of great Indian advertising industry (you should write a whole book on this theme as who better than you to write on this with authority). Fickle mentality of Indian public is depicted truly. Some SPIRITUALLY EVOLVED READERS (pun intended) might find use of cuss words like MC, BC, CH**** etc offensive but I had a blast (maybe because I am also from Meerut and can easily identify with these gaalis as they are used as punctuations in daily lingo of Meerut). Call it Meerut bias but I find you better than Amish Tripathi, Ashwin Sanghi, Chetan Bhagat (especially Chetan), Vikram Seth and Arundhati Roy. Keep it up. God bless you. My only regret is that I read it so late and can’t wait to read your other works. As I am very lazy this is only my second review of any book. First was “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” by Steven Covey that to as a part of some management training. So you can understand how much I Liked it.
P.S.: Will also check out Delhi wali Thakur girls on & TV.

If anybody has her contact details(email etc) plz give me. I want to mail this to her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat