Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1)Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Touted as a pathbreakinng novel on a split personality psycho. Maybe it is. But I read it after watching 7 seasons of criminal minds. That may be a reason I am not impressed.
But that is not the only reason. Pace is too slow. The hero Alex Cross is no Sherlock or poirot. James made him black but I don't find any particular reason for that. Soneji the split personality lunatic is too smart to be true.
Detective work is very low grade or non existent. Soneji is caught by luck more than deduction. Climax seemed forced and Hollywood inspired.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat